The Global Firewalking Association is proud to be partnered with Insurance. They have provided some useful information whether you are just setting up for your first event, or are simply looking for the answer to a specific question. Taking time to fully understand you responsibilities to you clients, your helpers & yourself now could save you time and money in the future.

As with any business, you are responsible for your actions, your activities and the good outcome of those activities. If you are negligent in almost any way you may be held accountable and the financial implications of defending a legal action – and then having to pay the damages awarded to the injured (or aggrieved) party can be financially crippling.

Buying insurance is not, in itself, the answer. Avoiding claims altogether is considerably better than having claims paid: your credibility and your good name will be at risk if something goes wrong. The reputation earned over years of hard work can be lost in an instant.

Know your business. Know your clients.

If you have been properly trained you will be well aware of the potential risks involved in Firewalking and the associated activities. However, your clients will have their own idea of the dangers involved. Some will be the invincible type; nothing can hurt them so they will pay little attention to your safety instructions. Some will simply not listen to what you are saying: day-dreaming in the back row or checking their social media messages and e-mails. Some will be looking for flaws in your commentary – instead of listening to it.

It is important that you connect with each and every person in the group as quickly as possible. This will often enable you to spot and avoid a potential problem before it occurs.

If you have any questions that you would like answered please ask; on this page we shall be happy to answer in general terms. If specific advice is required for certain circumstance we may first need to ask additional questions.

No – unless you are employing people. (Employer’s Liability Insurance and Motor Liability Insurance are the only policies required by law in the UK)

Public Liability Insurance is also called Third Party Liability Insurance. The insurance is designed to protect the Insured person from the financial costs of claims made by third parties for personal injury or property damage. (It does not usually include Professional Indemnity, Malpractice, Errors and Omissions, Pure Financial Losses, Pollution or claims relating to the use of vehicles, vessels and aircraft.)

The indemnity limit is the maximum amount that the insurer will pay out in the event of a claim. The indemnity limit you choose will depend on various factors that could affect the value of a claim made against you. ( recommend an indemnity limit of £5.0M as a minimum. Higher limits are available should they be necessary – or required by the venue where you are working.)

It is possible to cause another person “Financial Loss” or “Injury” without physically touching them. If you  misadvise someone, or fail to do something that you should have done, then you could be found responsible for that financial loss – or injury. You could be accused of libel or slander for comments made. (The policy includes Public Liability, Malpractice, Professional Indemnity within the terms of cover.)

Yes. This is a complex area on which you should take advice. Employer’s Liability Insurance should also be considered.